Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Canadian Idol judge Sass Jordan comments on Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson and Fantasia

In a recent interview with Long Live Rock (on Blog Talk Radio), Canadian Idol judge, Sass Jordan commented on a wide-range of topics, including American/Canadian Idol; the good and the bad of Idol; living with Idol creator, Simon Fuller, before he was famous; being wooed by Kiss lead singer Gene Simmons; and her opinion on some of the American Idol winners, including Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, and Fantasia.

Since I know the above ladies have a lot of fans, I have transcribed what Sass had to say about them. I took out some of the 'ums' and misc comments. If you know anything about Sass, she loves to talk and laugh, so I did my best! If you want to listen to the entire interview, it's a great listen to learn about the ins and outs of a music career, as well as the Idol franchise. You can hear it here: Sass Jordan interview

As promised, here's the blurb:

Sass: Occasionally, once in a blue moon, somebody will break through all that and actually connect at such a visceral level that they can gain new fans and they can keep the old ones. For example, C arrie Underwood, who also, I must say it was so well set up and she chose the right path by going the country path, it’s perfect. Everything was perfect, it makes complete sense....then there is Kelly, who is actually in my opinion...Kelly, all I can think of is Ripa, for god sakes, what’s her last name? She’s the first idol..Kelly something...it sucks cause she’s AWESOME but I can’t...
Host: Clarkson! You’re thinking of Kelly Clarkson...
Sass: Yes it is! Kelly Clarkson! Kelly Clarkson is truly fantastic. She’s truly a fantastic singer and also Fantasia. Fantasia and Kelly Clarkson these gals I thought were pretty spectacular.
 In case you're interested in seeing more from Sass, here's a link to her website: http://www.sassjordan.com/ and her new CD: From Dusk Til Dawn (link to my review of the CD: http://hypeheist.blogspot.com/2010/03/new-music-review-sass-jordan-from-dusk.html )
Also, my article on Kelly Clarkson: Evolution of an Idol is here: http://hypeheist.blogspot.com/2010/04/still-hyped-kelly-clarkson-evolution-of.html